- Q: I have been diagnosed with clinical depression. After trying numerous anti depressants since my teens on and off I decided to come off them while trying to conceive baby no 2. I am currently taking...
Thank you for that great question. Omega 3 fatty acid
supplementation is a critical part of pre-natal care that is often
overlooked. A child's developing...
- Q: I just purchase the herbal happy capper for my husband and I. He is on blood pressure medcine and I am on anti depresents is there any side effects mixing them?
Although some herbal supplements can be potentially harmful
when combined with medications like high blood pressure and depression
medication the Happy Camper product does...
Dear Dr. Passero: Since some months ago I have been haveing
problems with my period. I started bleeding heavely and my period lasts for 13
days. I went to the doctor and he...
Often times in cases where women have prolonged bleeding it
is an issue with low progesterone, that is why your doctor prescribed the 10
day course of it.....
- Q: I am on a thyroid medication a T3 T4 compound
can I take holy basil with it? I heard it is wonderful
for stress, but was concerned because I have read that
it does affect the endocrine...
- A: Holy basil is an herb that falls under the category of an "adaptogen". This family of herbs gets it name from it ability to help the body "adapt" to changes and stress. Other members of this family...
- Q: I recently bought Happy Camper from NutraSanus, I need to make sure that the ingredients will not cancel out my birth control pills. Im taking Microgestin FE/120. Please help!
- A: Currently there is not a lot of data regarding how certain
herbs interact with oral birth control pills. The only documented herbs
that are known to potentially decrease the effectivness of...
- Q: Hi Dr. I suffer from bulimia. I purge at least once a day. It use to be more. I have A Typical Depression. This is a specific type of depression that I research and is 100% me. I use to take...
Bulimia and all eating disorders are a very serious
situation. They inflict a large amount of stress on the body and can
cause long term damage if severe...
- Q: Will taking dandelion root pill or tea make my birth control pills less effective?
Although dandelion root is thought to support liver
detoxification processes there is no current research indicating that it can
change the way your body...
- Q: I started taking Wild Yam pills for various reasons. I have heard this can make your breast size increase is this true? My mother uses wild yam cream and she says her breast size never changed but...
Wild Yam can be helpful for balancing certain issues related
to female hormones. It is thought to do this by gently stimulating
certain receptors on cells that are...
- Q: I have heard that fenugreek can increase your production of breast milk is this true? If not is there anything I could take to increase my supply?
It is true that many women report that fenugreek can help improve breast milk production. Fennel is another herb widely thought to increase breast milk production. The...
- Q: Hi there. Ive recently started taking some evening primrose oil pills to help with a skin condition. I was just wondering, is there any chance these could be reacting with my PCOS pill...
I do not foresee any potential interactions between the
Evening Primrose Oil and your Metformin. There is nothing in the
literature to suggest that this is a...
- Q: Hi, Im in the twenty second week of pregnancy, and suffer from terrible tension headaches. I have been prescribed by my docter paracodal tablets which dont seem to be having any effect. Could you...
- A: Dear Jodi,
Due to the fact that you are pregnant, the list of herbal
supplements that are safe for you to use is very limited. However, there
are some items that may be able to...
- Q: In the hope of having a baby I take prenatal vitamins daily. Could this cause excessive urination?
Most prenatal vitamins contain ingredients similar to a
regular multivitamin with the addition of some extra folic acid, iron and
possibly DHA. There are no...
- Q: Dear Doctor
I am a 48 year old female with normal thyroid levels and no indication of menopause yet. I have absolutely no sex drive. Ive been like this for about 5 years. The only factor I can...
One of the most common side effects of antidepressant and
antianxiety medications is loss of libido.
Although it sounds like you have decreased...
- Q: Dr. Passero,
I am nursing a 9 month old baby boy and was told by a friend that B100 is an excellent vitamin to be on to regulate low levels of anxiety. Should I take it while Im nursing?
High potency B complex vitamins are generally recognized as
safe in breastfeeding. However, there is
no telling how your baby will react to...
Hello Doctor, My husband and I are trying to conceive but
still no luck for us. I am not sure
whether this is relevant......my husband once took...
Conception has so many complex factors involved. Many men take Evening Primrose Oil for its
wonderful health benefits, particularly for the...
- Q: Dear Dr Passero
I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and am 35 years old. I wish to know which of the Vitabase products are best for my condition? Should I take the Blood Sugar and PMS products? My...
Most women with PCOS have difficulty with blood sugar
issues. High blood sugar is one of the
main characteristics of PCOS and it is very...
- Q: Can you explain what polycystic ovarian syndrome is?
- A: Women who have irregular menstrual cycles or have trouble conceiving may have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), one of the leading causes of infertility in women. PCOS is a multifactorial condition...
- Q: I have heard that evening primrose oil can really help with menopausal symptoms. How much would you recommend on a daily basis?
What you have heard is true. Evening Primrose Oil can
be very helpful at alleviating many female hormonal complaints including PMS
symptoms and some menopausal...
- Q: Hi, My daughter has had pcos for a few years, she has tried bc pills, but still was lossing hair, is there a complelete multi vitimin to help with pcos symptoms.
PCOS or Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome is characterized by
several symptoms including insulin resistance, elevated testosterone levels and
poly cystic ovaries. The...
- Q: This is very uncomfortable for me to discuss however, I really need some advice so here it is.... I am 49 yrs old I haven’t had a period in 5 years, I am now in a relationship and here lies the...
I am assuming you are taking the Ursodiol tablets due to a diagnosis of Primary Biliary Cirrhosis.
Unfortunately, there is not a lot know about why people get this condition. Some think it...