- Features ChromeMate® brand of chromium
- Helps counteract insulin resistance
- Improves insulin activity in the body
- ChromeMate® is 600% better absorbed and retained than chromium chloride
- ChromeMate® is 300% better absorbed and retained than chromium picolinate
- Increases amount of blood sugar available for energy production
Chromium is a mineral essential to humans, but as many as 90% of American diets are low in chromium. Chromium is at the heart of a biologically active complex called Glucose Tolerance Factor or "GTF," which is responsible for increasing the action of insulin in the body.
Insulin is a vital hormone responsible for transporting glucose inside cells and maintaining proper blood sugar and blood lipid (cholesterol) levels in the body. Chromium helps insulin metabolize fat, turn protein into muscle and convert sugar into energy. In fact, chromium-activated insulin increases the amount of blood sugar available for energy production nearly twenty-fold.
A lack of chromium can result in Type-2 Diabetes, obesity and heart disease. Dr. Walter Mertz, former director of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Human Nutrition Research Center, established that GTF chromium consists of chromium bound to the B-vitamin, niacin. ChromeMate® is a unique form of oxygen-coordinated niacin-bound chromium.
Protected by three U.S. patents, four international patents and other worldwide patents pending, ChromeMate® is the only niacin-bound chromium supplement with proven biological activity.
Studies have shown that ChromeMate® is 18 times more potent than other forms of niacin-bound chromium and, in animal models used to evaluate bioavailability in humans, is absorbed and retained more than 600% greater than chromium chloride and 300% greater than chromium picolinate.
Combined with exercise and a sensible diet, ChromeMate® helps:
- Plays a role in the release of energy from cells.
- Supports carbohydrate and protein metabolism.
- Maintain healthy blood sugar levels that are in a normal range.
Several studies have shown that chromium supplements may improve insulin sensitivity, and lower blood glucose and elevated body fat. However, further studies are needed before concrete benefits can be established.