Beta Carotene (25,000 IU)
- A powerful antioxidant.
- Plays an important role in eye health.
- Safe, not toxic form of Vitamin A
Beta carotene is the pigment responsible for giving yellow vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes their coloring. It is one of the major carotenoids and one the most biologically active of approximately 800 carotenes and more than 1,000 carotenoids in food. Beta carotene is one of the most important naturally occurring antioxidants.
Beta carotene may be referred to as provitamin A in some literature because it is easily converted by the liver into vitamin A (retinol). While excessive amounts of vitamin A may be toxic, the body will only convert as much beta carotene as needed, making it a safe source for vitamin A. Beta carotene and vitamin A are vitally important to good health. They may impact you in a variety of areas:
- Vision and eye health.
- Reproduction and fertility.
- Helps protect the mucous membranes, reducing susceptibility to infection.
- Necessary for growth and repair of body tissues.
- Current medical research shows food rich in Beta Carotene help reduce the risk of certain serious lung and oral problems.
- Promotes bone growth and tooth development.
- Helps maintain healthy skin and hair.
As a powerful antioxidant, beta carotene destroys free radicals including singlet oxygen, an oxygen that is missing an electron and is very damaging to human tissue if not quickly scavenged.
Label Information and Ingredients
: As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel capsule daily with meals, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel Capsule(s)
|Ingredients||Per Serving||% DV|
|Vitamin A (as beta carotene)||25000 iu || 500%|
Notes: Beta carotene is a non-toxic form of Vitamin A. The body controls the conversion of beta carotene into Vitamin A in accordance with its needs. Until conversion, beta carotene is safely stored in the body.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin, glycerin, water, (May contain soybean oil and/or beeswax).
Keep out of reach of children.
QUALITY AND POTENCY GUARANTEED